Monday, October 5, 2009

Grin

Okay, for the moment my opponent is winning.
He's grinning at my humble beginnings
And I'm beginning to get pissed off.
The cost of this lost of respect
Is relative to the boss and his paycheck
And the promise of success as long as sex is involved.
I'm the dissolved pepper in the salts of the shakers on the table.
I'm only able to supply the spice of life but will never taste it.
I hate it. I debate it, attempting to abate it
But the saline keeps me sedated...
My opponent is the current victor when every cat named Victor
That looks like me is 6 feet deep or institutionalized
Learning how not to be free.
Learning how not to agree with civilization, capitalization,
Yet embraces incarceration
And the nation of Islam is his family,
A prison is his country and he's become a greater nationalist
Than the Panther with his leather fist in the air.
Despair sets in, the air gets thin
And death is his best friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment