Friday, May 7, 2010

Remember (For Aunt Ruth, Rest Peacefully)

Alas, time passes by and our hearts never wonder why
Until a heart close to our hearts stops beating
Until the relative that you've ceased seeing
Lies lifeless in the brown underneath the green
In the ground underneath where they've been
For years but with tears they can't remember
Dimensions tend to exit and enter simultaneously
And all else is forgotten, except those fond
Memories. I remember when we sat on the porch
Watching the flock by the cabin, I remember when...
Wait a minute, that didn't happen... Did it?
My thoughts pivot on the axis of what could've been
On the facts of what should've been... Now I'm crying
Sadden to know you're gone yet I'm wondering why...
Lord let me remember, let recollection never part
Allow a right mind to always be upon my heart
For when all dimensions blend, they bleed
And they're left always wanting yet never in need.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post here young sir. Aunt Ruth will be missed.

    ReplyDelete